Re: W32 Warning disabled, and updated vcproj file

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: W32 Warning disabled, and updated vcproj file
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:48:58 -0500

%% "J. Grant" <address@hidden> writes:

  jg> Paul, with your next beta release announcement could you ask for
  jg> someone to build with MSCV6, and MSCV2002 please.

Rob Tulloh did some testing.  He recommended we change the info in
README.W32 to read:

  This version of GNU make has been tested on Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003.
  It has also been used on Windows 95/98/NT, and on OS/2.

  It builds natively with MSVC 2.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, and 2003 as well as
  .NET 7.x and .NET 2003.

  It builds with the MinGW port of GCC 3.x (tested with GCC 3.4.2).

  jg> Also could you ask for someone to try and build/test a 64bit
  jg> version on MS-Windows please, I expect 64bit MS-Windows will have
  jg> taken off by the time the next Make release is done so if we can
  jg> try get it setup for this one that would be great.

  jg> Paul, I noticed main.c:2944 displays the copyright line with the year
  jg> presently set at 2003. (from make --version).  Would this need to be
  jg> updated to 2006 for the release?

Yes, definitely.