Re: New Topic

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New Topic
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 18:06:34 +0200

> Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 14:58:12 +0530 (IST)
> From: Subramanya Mujumdar <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
>  mkmf is a perl file with ext .pl .
>  When I fire "mkmf  -tc -tj -os nt"  from the command prompt and from a
> test.pl script, its working fine.
>
> I have the below settings done in the cmd ...
> ASSOC .pl=PerlScript
>
> FTYPE PerlScript=perl.exe "%1" %*
> set PATHEXT=.pl;%PATHEXT%
>
> test.pl
> system("mkmf  -tc -tj -os nt");

The Windows port of Make does not look at PATHEXT, so it does not know
that it should invoke Perl to run mkmf.  It looks for a command named
"mkmf" with known extensions (.pl is not one of them), and doesn't
find it.

To work around this, invoke Perl explicitly, like this:

  perl -e mkmf -tc -tj -os nt