man-db-devel

Re: [Man-db-devel] Segmentation fault while 'man -D?'

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Man-db-devel] Segmentation fault while 'man -D?'
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:15:00 +0000

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 06:48:37AM -0500, Jiri Kucera wrote:
> when running man with -D? flags, segmentation fault occurs.
>
> This is caused by assigning NULL to html_pager by -D flag (src/man.c:372)
> and then doing *NULL at src/main.c:585 while processing -? flag.

Thanks for the report.  I don't think yours is quite the ideal fix,
because it duplicates code, and because IMO it would be better to avoid
assigning NULL to html_pager in the first place.  I've pushed a
different fix here:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/man-db.git/commit/?id=b32977ff73220cd351387abe558fb523d1deedbb