mediagoblin-devel

[GMG-Devel] Dependency change that might cause a little headache.

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Dependency change that might cause a little headache.
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 20:36:49 -0500

Hiya all,

A bit of jargon, then an explaination.  This might affect some of you...
basically, those of you who switched from mongo->sql already before the
0.3.0 release.  If you aren't one of those people, you probably don't
need to worry about this, and the usual

  ./bin/python setup.py develop --upgrade

... will do everything for you.

Explaination: we hit a version conflict, and I've switched it so that
we're now using sqlalchemy support directly from kombu instead of using
the separate kombu-sqlalchemy package.  Problem is, in order to
"disable" kombu-sqlalchemy, you need to remove the packages yourself,
kinda.  Do the following:

open lib/python2.X/site-packages/easy-install.pth (replacing the X in
python2.X)... find the line that says kombu_sqlalchemy or equivalent on
it, and remove that line.  Save.

try doing:

  ./bin/python setup.py develop --upgrade

That should probably do it.

... if that doesn't work, do:

  rm -rf lib/python2.X/site-packages/kombu*

again replacing the X, then run setup.py develop --upgrade again.  Or at
this point, just join #mediagoblin on irc.freenode.net and I'll walk you
through it. :)

There's probably only a few of you who are in this state where
you'll need this help.  But be aware!  If you do run into trouble,
please don't hesitate to ping me (paroneayea) on irc.freenode.net.

Sorry this is frustrating... we'll be taking steps in upcoming releases
to make installing mediagoblin a bit easier.  Maybe soon enough we won't
be encouraging people to run out of git, or such crazy things, for
production environments! ;)

 - Chris