mediagoblin-devel

[GMG-Devel] Plugin idea: advertise media on the main page

From: Tiberiu C. Turbureanu
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Plugin idea: advertise media on the main page
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 02:37:24 +0200

Hey all,

I would like to implement a plugin that provides an option to advertise or not the media on the main page.

This is similar to a Youtube feature I've been hearing about that uploaders can opt for their media not to appear in search results, only if you have the link you can view it.

For my organization (ceata.org) this could be helpful because not all videos are worthy to be on the front page and for others we may need to talk about the right description, tags and so on. Even if it's uploaded.

Do you think this plugin would be interesting for a larger audience?

Is this achievable with the current status of hooks in GMG? What I need is a way to add a "Adevertise" check box to the media upload/edit form, like the License drop box.

Thank you,

--
Tiberiu C. Turbureanu
Președinte, Fundația Ceata