mediagoblin-devel

[GMG-Devel] reCAPTCHA plugin

From: Gabi Sarkis
Subject: [GMG-Devel] reCAPTCHA plugin
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 10:56:01 -0400

Hi,

I created a plugin to reduce the amount of spam accounts created on a mediagoblin instance by adding a Google reCAPTCHA to the registration form:

https://github.com/gsarkis/mediagoblin-recaptcha2

This plugin is simpler than the one in https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/1086 because it only replaces the registration form, not the authentication system. I only tested it with basic_auth. reCAPTCHA display and processing is handled by wtforms-recaptcha.

There's a quirk though: the plugin must be enabled before basic_auth in mediagoblin_local.ini.

Eventually, I'd like to add reCAPTCHA 2.0 support.

Gabi