mediagoblin-devel

Re: Porting audio.js away from jQuery (Was: Re: MediaGoblin website move

From: Andre Jaenisch
Subject: Re: Porting audio.js away from jQuery (Was: Re: MediaGoblin website moved to sourcehut pages (was: TLS certificate expired for mediagoblin.org, take 2))
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 12:56:23 +0000

Hey Ben,

I've got started by replicating the repository on my private Gitea
instance. (I don't accept other accounts there, so don't look for a
sign-up page - in that sense, it is private).

Next, I ran the tests (still five failing) and branched off to tackle
the first porting in
https://jaenis.ch/hobbies/coding/repos/ryuno-ki/mediagoblin/src/branch/refactor/port-audio-js

The intermediate changes can be seen in:
https://jaenis.ch/hobbies/coding/repos/ryuno-ki/mediagoblin/compare/712728c331ea3518b1964bbc7fcf06ff2c567064...c00d3ad053d5d0862f1b71ec126e3c9e1493967d

In order to continue on audio.js I need some assistance. The file gets
referenced in these places:

-
  extlib/sandyseventiesspeedboat/templates/mediagoblin/media_displays/audio.html
-

mediagoblin/plugins/archivalook/templates/archivalook/feature_displays/audio_head.html
- mediagoblin/templates/mediagoblin/media_displays/audio.html

Which of them are relevant?
How can I navigate to them?

I want to make sure to not break something, but have to have a look at
the HTML to properly port the code (there are difference between a
single element being selected vs. multiple).

My gut feeling would be to look at the templates one and ignore the
other.

For whoever is also porting: http://youmightnotneedjquery.com/ might be
helpful in the process :-)

Kind regards