mibble-users

RE: [Mibble-users] retrieving names of fields in NOTIFICATION-TYPE(traps

From: Hall, Matthew
Subject: RE: [Mibble-users] retrieving names of fields in NOTIFICATION-TYPE(traps)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:30:50 -0700

Well I'm glad to hear that there was not some totally obvious way to do this
that I failed to notice!

> Basically what you need to do is to iterate over all the Mib
> value symbols, finding the ones with a type of
> SnmpNotificationType, and then processing the list returned
> from SnmpNotificationType.getObjects(). Each entry in that
> list should be an ObjectIdentifierValue (depends on your MIB
> actually), from which you get the actual symbol name with
> oidValue.getSymbol().getName().

I'll work on this paragraph this morning and see how it all turns out.

> Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your prompt response. I'll release a copy of this
application once I get it working right, if anybody else is interested in using
it. For me, it will save a lot of time in my work supporting SNMP traps from
different devices.

> /Per

Matthew