mibble-users

[Mibble-users] Mibble 2.8 and ATM-SWITCHING-NODE-MIB

From: Robert Schilling
Subject: [Mibble-users] Mibble 2.8 and ATM-SWITCHING-NODE-MIB
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:29:22 -0500

I'm getting an error while loading this mabe stating that both 'lock'
and 'hello' are already defined symbols. What I've discovered is that
the MIB defines an OBJECT-TYPE and TRAP-TYPE for both of these. I'm
assuming that is legal to do in a MIB, but Mibble isn't handling it.

My question here is, what's the correct answer? Should a TRAP-TYPE
macro symbol conflict with an OBJECT-TYPE symbol of the same name?
Right now it looks like Mibble doesn't allow any symbols of the same
name at all. I have no problem making a code change, but I don't
really know what the _correct_ answer is. Any help on this one?
Thanks!

BTW, the MIB is easily searchable on Google if you need the specifics.
I can send if need be, but I don't have it on this machine.

--
-- Robert Schilling