Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Hello, I have few suggestions to MXE maintain

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Hello, I have few suggestions to MXE maintainers
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 16:07:01 +1000

Welcome Dydzio,

> On 29 Jun 2019, at 18:09, Mr Nerd <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I am one of VCMI ( https://github.com/vcmi ) contributors and I would like to
> thank you for keeping the project alive.
>
> Our project uses MXE for some time already, so feel free to add it to list of
> projects that use it on MXE website.

Thanks, I’ve added it to the list.

> I have few suggestions / requests:
> 1. Update year to 2019 in copyright section of MXE website

Done

> 2. Consider creating some official MXE chat channel for easy and
> user-friendly contact. Currently there is no real place to ask for help with
> simple MXE related problems. IRC, slack, zulip could be some platforms to
> consider.

I’ve found Slack useful for smaller, non-code teams, and never had time for
IRC. Zulip looks interesting if:
  - public archive becomes available[1]
  - it doesn’t create an extra channel of notifications and/or non-responses

I’m happy to give it a try[2], it seems to have the right async flow and
streams/topics model. I removed the invitation and email domain requirements so
anyone should be able to log in with their github account.

> 3. Could you provide shared (non static) version of luajit library in
> pkg.mxe.cc packages? I need it for Travis CI build. As primarily Windows user
> I do not have knowledge and skills required to create properly working custom
> .deb package for Travis CI.

I’ve enabled the shared build[3] and am looking at how to add single packages
to the apt repo - otherwise it will get picked up in the next full package
build (sometime in the next few weeks).

Note the mxe build will use the name `luajit51.dll` instead of `lua51.dll` to
avoid potential conflicts with the standard `lua` pkg. Let me know if this is
an issue - I don’t know what the usual conventions are for luajit packagers.

Cheers,

Tony

[1] https://zulipchat.com/for/open-source/#public-archive-coming-soon
[2] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/355e1a6de14336c6557460a9b27e26df88a06637