Re: Meson in MXE? MXE Docker image?

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: Meson in MXE? MXE Docker image?
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 23:24:50 +1100

> On 25 Feb 2020, at 20:35, Sim Tov <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> there is an Gedit issue concerning cross-compilation for Windows:
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gedit/issues/238
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1. Is Meson part of MXE nowadays? If not, can it be added? What is the
> procedure to file such a feature request?

There is a plugin for meson[1] but it isn't used internally be any mxe packages
and I'm not sure how one would incorporate it into a build.

> [...]
> 2. Is there an up-to-date Docker image containing latest MXE? Such a
> container would be great for automating cross-compilation to Windows from
> GitLab/GitHub/etc.

There aren't any official images, but we have some AWS credits[2] to improve
our CI and package building etc.

Cheers,

Tony

[1] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/tree/master/plugins/meson-wrapper