Re: [Mldonkey-users] zlib problems!

From: Xan
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] zlib problems!
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:25:44 +0200

Dimarts 26 Octubre 2004 17:35, en/na Leendert Meyer (<Leendert Meyer
<address@hidden>>) va escriure:
>>Re: [Mldonkey-users] zlib problems!
>
> On Tuesday 26 October 2004 16:48, Xan wrote:
> > Dimarts 26 Octubre 2004 11:24, en/na Leendert Meyer (<Leendert Meyer
> >
> > <address@hidden>>) va escriure:

> This is not about packaging, but about communication between servers, i.e.
> a protocol issue. Does the edonkey protocol (Hmpf, I don't know the real
> name) support compression?

Yes. It's an item in edonkey.ini file.

> > > This seems portugese or brasil to me - sorry, I do not understand that
> > > language. Stick just to english, please. :) The more chance you have
> > > that your message is answered. ;)
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Leen
> >
> > I can, but I think that it's not essential because "ii" is that it's
> > installed. So I have installed zlib-bin version 1.2.2-1, zlib1g v.
> > 1.2.2-1 and zlibc v. 0.9j-7.
> >
> > The rest it's not important. [Nom is name, Versió is version, ...]
> > You could understand it without translation (with the previous
> > explanation). And it's catalan.
>
> Catalan? :) Ok, seems I got the peninsula right, but was on the wrong
> side . ;) Catalonia is in the north-west of Spain, to the north/north-west
> of Barcelona. Or lies Barcelona /in/ Catalonia?

Catalonia is a north-west region of Spain, touching the Pyrenees. Barcelona is
in Catalonia (not vice-versa (a regions couldn't be in a city ;-))). People
in Catalonia speak two languages: catalan and spanish. The spanish is the
official language of all state (Spain) and catalan is co-official only in
Catalonia (it means that catalan is official with the same rights than
spanish, but only in Catalonia).

The catalan language is co-official in Balearic Islands and Valencian Comunity
too.

> BTW, I just don't like guessing. If it's not important, well, don't post
> it. If it is, better post it in english. ;)

Well, I will translate the things that are important. Other, I will not
translate. I think that the headers of previous table are not important: you
could understand that I have installed zlib packages, that is what I want. I
did not want that you know that "versió" is "version" in english. I supposed
that it were not important. I could post the previous table without headers
and you know exactly the same you understood. Is it ok?

> I don't know how you generated the catalan output, but perhaps you can get
> it in english if you do it like this:
>
>   LANG=C some_command
>
> or
>
>   LANG=en_US some_command
>
> perhaps:
>
>   export LANG=...
>   command1
>   command2
>
> Cheers,

Thanks for this tutorial. Is it a way for displaying output of command in an
specific language _only_ one way (with export, I do that all time in my
session; or until I reset LANG var)

Cheers,
Xan.