Re: [Mldonkey-users] zlib problems!

From: Leendert Meyer
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] zlib problems!
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:12:35 +0200

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 18:25, Xan wrote:
> Dimarts 26 Octubre 2004 17:35, en/na Leendert Meyer (<Leendert Meyer
>
> <address@hidden>>) va escriure:
> >>Re: [Mldonkey-users] zlib problems!
> >
> > On Tuesday 26 October 2004 16:48, Xan wrote:
> > > Dimarts 26 Octubre 2004 11:24, en/na Leendert Meyer (<Leendert Meyer
> > >
> > > <address@hidden>>) va escriure:

> > This is not about packaging, but about communication between servers,
> > i.e. a protocol issue. Does the edonkey protocol (Hmpf, I don't know the
> > real name) support compression?
>
> Yes. It's an item in edonkey.ini file.

Then if it's off, turn it on, or if it's already on, then the compression part
in the protocols probably differ (i.e. they do not understand eachother).

> > > I can, but I think that it's not essential because "ii" is that it's
> > > installed. So I have installed zlib-bin version 1.2.2-1, zlib1g v.
> > > 1.2.2-1 and zlibc v. 0.9j-7.
> > >
> > > The rest it's not important. [Nom is name, Versió is version, ...]
> > > You could understand it without translation (with the previous
> > > explanation). And it's catalan.
> >
> > Catalan? :) Ok, seems I got the peninsula right, but was on the wrong
> > side . ;) Catalonia is in the north-west of Spain, to the
> > north/north-west of Barcelona. Or lies Barcelona /in/ Catalonia?
>
> Catalonia is a north-west region of Spain, touching the Pyrenees. Barcelona
> is in Catalonia (not vice-versa (a regions couldn't be in a city ;-))).
> People in Catalonia speak two languages: catalan and spanish. The spanish
> is the official language of all state (Spain) and catalan is co-official
> only in Catalonia (it means that catalan is official with the same rights
> than spanish, but only in Catalonia).
>
> The catalan language is co-official in Balearic Islands and Valencian
> Comunity too.
>
> > BTW, I just don't like guessing. If it's not important, well, don't post
> > it. If it is, better post it in english. ;)
>
> Well, I will translate the things that are important. Other, I will not
> translate. I think that the headers of previous table are not important:
> you could understand that I have installed zlib packages, that is what I
> want. I did not want that you know that "versió" is "version" in english. I
> supposed that it were not important. I could post the previous table
> without headers and you know exactly the same you understood. Is it ok?

Well, I was so distracted by the (to me foreign language) catalan, that I did
not notice the '$dpkg -l "*zlib*"' line. So it is just proof that you
installed zlib & co. I believe you, lets leave it there, 'nough said. ;)

> > I don't know how you generated the catalan output, but perhaps you can
> > get it in english if you do it like this:
> >
> >   LANG=C some_command
> >
> > or
> >
> >   LANG=en_US some_command
> >
> > perhaps:
> >
> >   export LANG=...
> >   command1
> >   command2
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> Thanks for this tutorial. Is it a way for displaying output of command in
> an specific language _only_ one way

Could you rephrase that previous sentence? (Is it...)

> (with export, I do that all time in my session; or until I reset LANG var)

Ah, you knew. ;)

Cheers,

Leen