Re: [RFD] monit 3.0 release

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [RFD] monit 3.0 release
Date: 04 Sep 2002 02:51:19 +0200

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

> I started work on external configuration sources before i came
> 'very' busy.  I have big part of draft ready (now it only needs to
> be taken in "readable" form from my notes :)

Martin, could you share some of the ideas you have for this and the
rational for any design choices you have made? And also provide some
convincing arguments for actually doing this :)

If we decide to supply configuration of monit servers from a
centralized repository of some sort (database, ldap, proprietary
config server etc.) I also think that maybe we should move to XML for
the configuration file?

I love the current configuration file's "little language" but XML
configuration is probably more handy if we move in a centralized
direction? (I have already created a simple XML parser with a SAX
interface I could move over to monit *if* we decide that this is the
best choice)

> I think next thing i will focus on after 'configuration sources'
> will be snmp module (or helper).

Okay, it's yours :)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland