Re: resources about monit

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: resources about monit
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:51:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Martin Pala wrote:

> Christian Hopp wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >some possible additions for Ballyhoo,
> >
> >A nice interview with Hauk, I didn't know that you speak that well
> >Czech (-:
> >  http://www.linuxzone.cz/index.phtml?ids=10&idc=378
> >
> It is Slovak language (the federation with Czech republic was broken in
> 1993) - it is different, but it is easily possible to understand if you
> know Czech ;)

With my language knowledge I won't see the difference.  (-:   I only saw
cz, and I thought about Czech.

But Eastern and Western Germany was put together, but sometimes I still
have difficulties to understand those from the east. (-:

(...)

> It will be nice if some OpenBSD developer will join us.

We already got help from the maintainer.  That's how we were able to
support OpenBSD too.

(...)

> Interesting. They warned about syntax:

> monit stop [progname]
>
> *Achtung - wird |[progname]| weggelassen, werden ALLE von monit
> überwachten Dienste angehalten!!!*

(...)

> I think Christian proposed to change it to:
>
> monit (start|stop} {all|programme}

When you do this mistake you don't others to do whem eigther.

> where "all" tag is defined in the case you need to start/stop all programs.
>
> What about it?

Surely you get my +1.

CHopp

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113