TOTALMEMORY statement does not work properly on Linux

From: Brian C
Subject: TOTALMEMORY statement does not work properly on Linux
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 01:41:39 -0700

Hi,

I just started using monit on a SuSE 9.3 server to monitor Apache 2, sshd, and mysql. I love it.

/var/log/messages shows this error every time monit starts:

Warning: TOTALMEMORY statement does not work properly on Linux

I assume this is a reference to the directive in my monitrc that reads:

 if totalmem > 500 MB for 5 cycles then restart

So, what's the story here? Does this not work on GNU/Linux servers? Is there a bug filed or feature request filed to make it work? Thanks for any info.