Re: monit comparison to zabbix munin monitorix

From: Marcus Mülbüsch
Subject: Re: monit comparison to zabbix munin monitorix
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:04:57 +0100

Thanks for opinion :)

It's good to hear the users experiences and meanings about Monit for future Monit improvements.

Just few comments:

2) monit works only on Linux; whereas there are Zabbix clients for Windows and even MacOS (though we have not yet used the latter).

Monit works on several unixes:

Okay, that was plain wrong; I fell into the old "Everything is either
Windows or Linux" scheme.

However, I do not yet feel that it is worth the effort to try monit on
Windows (MacOSX is a nice idea that didn't came to my mind, though).

As I said, using both of them works perfectly.

Marcus