Re: [monit] Wildcards

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit] Wildcards
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 20:34:48 +0200

On 2. mai. 2008, at 18.24, Szajt, Pablo (CITG) wrote:

Could you please let me know if monit can discover files created in a specific directory? What we need to discover is something like this /tmp/ pictures_*_0400.zip.

Monit does not support this, only regex scanning of files. Maybe you can use a directory timestamp instead? I.e. if a file is added or removed from a directory, the directory timestamp will be changed and you can use monit to test for these changes.