[monit] Re: about alert messages in Monit

From: Martin Pala
Subject: [monit] Re: about alert messages in Monit
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 14:17:51 +0200

Date: October 5, 2009 9:49:24 AM GMT+02:00
Subject: about alert messages in Monit

Excuse me, I configure the monit to send alert message through email when resources such as CPU, memory, etc.
have reached certain limit.

But in my email, I received 2 differnt types of messages from Monit

1. monit alert -- Resource limit succeeded apache
2. monit alert -- Resource limit matched apache

May I ask why I receive "Resource limit succeeded apache" messages? And how may I get rid of them.
Currently, I only want to receive "Resource limit matched apache" from Monit.

May I ask what I should do?

Thank you very much

Monit sends one message when service failed (for example CPU usage exceeded) and another when it recovered (CPU usage lower then limit again). The recovery event is send to let the admin/user know, that the erroneous state ended.

It's not possible to disable the success alert in Monit now ... but it is supported in M/Monit which extends Monit and allows to centralize the alert mail processing rules and allows to set filter for failed events only.

You can get more info about M/Monit here:
http://www.mmonit.com/

Martin