Unable to monitor sites behind http-basic-auth with monit

From: M M
Subject: Unable to monitor sites behind http-basic-auth with monit
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 08:23:11 +1200

Hi,

We have few sites on a Unix server that we monitor using monit. All sites are monitored correctly except for 2 that require http-basic-auth.

I have passed the credentials in the URL like below as suggested by the monit 4.8.1 documentation:

check host aHost with address anIPAddress if failed urlhttp://username:address@hidden/advancedSearch.jsp for 5 cycles then alert

However, when checking the connection status on monit for the aHost the status is:

Connection Failed.

What am I doing wrong?

How can I manage to pass the credentials and get a successful connection?

PS this is monit 4.8.1