Re: Capture process stdout when inited by Monit

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Capture process stdout when inited by Monit
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 02:50:00 +0200

Appending stdout of a processs to a log file has always been possible. Just
wrap the program in a shell and simply pipe the output as you want. For
instance,

 start program = "/usr/bin/bash -c '2>&1 1>>/some/file /bin/ls'"

I should also mention that we recently have added a 'check program' option to
Monit. This allows Monit to execute and test the exit value of the program. If
the program fails, Monit will grab stderr and make that part of the alert
message and log it.