Re: Postgresql non-responsive timing

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Postgresql non-responsive timing
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 03:30:56 +0200

Default is 3 sec but can be changed with the timeout statement. New in 5.3 is also a retry statement. See the manual.

Sendt fra min iPhone

Den 11. okt. 2011 kl. 20:33 skrev Kenneth Holcomb <address@hidden>:

I am monitoring postgresql with the following code:

check process postgresql with pidfile /var/run/postmaster.5432.pid
   group database
   start program = "/etc/init.d/postgresql start"
   stop program = "/etc/init.d/postgresql stop"
   noalert address@hidden
   alert address@hidden
   alert address@hidden
   alert address@hidden
   if failed host localhost port 5432 protocol pgsql then restart
   if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

The question I have is how long does monit wait on the if failed host localhost port 5432 before it decides to issue the restart?

-- kenh