Getting monit to email me (outbound only exim)

From: Tom Barrett
Subject: Getting monit to email me (outbound only exim)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:53:24 +0100

Hi

I have some VPS set up with outbound only exim (that's all I need, and don't know much about smtp/exim/sendmail).
I'm getting this error in the monit log:
[BST Oct 19 09:40:33] error    : No mail servers are defined -- see manual for 'set mailserver' statement

But I haven't really a clue what I should be doing with the set mailserver configuration. Any pointers much appreciated.

--
http://www.tcbarrett.comhttp://gplus.to/tcbarrett | http://twitter.com/tcbarrett