[monit-general] cannot check a program with arguments

From: Antonio Fernández Vara
Subject: [monit-general] cannot check a program with arguments
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 11:01:33 +0100

Hi all, and thanks in advance.

We are using monit to check 3 servers, each will run some services that often can fail, since it will be doing tests of code.

So I made an script to monitor if each service is running or not, returning 0 or 1 as exit error code.

For each service I'm writting a monit configuration file inside the conf.d, with this contents (way simpler):

check program 001 with path "/opt/scripts/running.sh 001"
     if status != 0 then exec "/opt/scripts/run.sh 001"

but every time I test the config files I get this error: Program does not exist: '"/opt/scripts/running.sh exec"'.

Not enclosing the command it will say that the argument is a syntax error for the monit language.

So, is there any form I can pass an argument to an script monitored by check program? Or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Antonio