Logging monit data from a script run by monit

From: Callum Macdonald
Subject: Logging monit data from a script run by monit
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 11:28:02 +0700

I'd like to record and graph the output of `monit status`, along the
lines of this script:
https://code.google.com/p/monit-graph/

Their approach is to run from cron every minute to record data from
monit. It works well enough I suppose, but seems inelegant to me. I like
the idea of each monit cycle triggering the recording of the data.

I'm wondering if I can do that by adding a script check. Something like:
check program monit-record with path /bin/monit-record.sh

However, I wonder if there is any way to know whether this script will
be called at the beginning, in the middle, or at the end of a monit
cycle? Is there any way I can insist that monit run this script last?
That would let it collect data from the most recent cycle...

I'd also be grateful for any alternate suggestions of how to record and
graph monit data.

Cheers - Callum.