check process with delay

From: Do
Subject: check process with delay
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:21:23 +0300

Hello,

Many people, like me, have host management systems (like cPanel), that when
doing periodic system update can temporary stop/start services on its own. But
I still want Monit to watch services. So I need Monit to lag a bit for its
checks, thus making it always slower than quick service stop/start when system
is updated. But I don't see suitable options in Monit config.

For example, If I have

check process exim with pidfile /var/spool/exim/exim-daemon.pid
  every 10 cycles
  start   "/sbin/service exim start"

(where cycle=1minute), this does not guarantee that Exim is permitted to be
down for 10 minutes. It could happen than Monit just reached 10th cycle seconds
before Exim is stopped. As consequence Exim will be started in the middle or
stopping or updating.

Can we have something like 'for 10 cycles [then start]' option added for 'every
1 cycle' statement? (Feature request.)

Thanks,
Don.