Re: HTTPS connection to mmonit

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: HTTPS connection to mmonit
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 15:14:45 +0200

> On 1 May 2019, at 18:06, Mr Subs <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I changed server.xml, so the Host address=“172.31.24.86” (which is the
> private IP address, even though I am connecting to it via it’s public IP
> address. The domain name is correct, and is public DNS.

You cannot use the private address 172.31.24.86 as the Host address if you use
a hostname. The IP address must be the same public IP-address associated with
your hostname in DNS.  I.e. in this setup

<Host address=“xx.xx.xx.xx" name=“hostname" appBase="."
certificate="conf/mmonit.pem” >

“hostname" must have the public address “xx.xx.xx.xx" in DNS.