Re: Multiple 'every' clauses not working as expected

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: Multiple 'every' clauses not working as expected
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 13:35:04 +0100

Hello Aaron,
you see what monit will use by using "monit -v".

> The more I think about this, the more I think I might consider it a bug one
> way or the other: Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me like
> monit should either raise an error when you supply multiple 'every'
> statements (at least for `monit -t`), *or* use the combination of all the
> 'every' statements. Allowing multiple 'every' statements but ignoring some
> of them seems it's a trap for people to fall into, especially since this
> behavior isn't mentioned in the documentation.

You are right, sometimes some more error/warning or info messages are
helpful. But in general the config parser works well from my point of view.

With regards,
Lutz

p.s.
A snippet from the Monit documentation.
> We will address this limitation in a future release and convert the
> scheduler from ...

Feel free to add a ticket (see
https://bitbucket.org/tildeslash/monit/issues), suggestions are welcome
in general.