Re: restart and alert email

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: restart and alert email
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 23:27:03 +0100

Hello,
sometimes monit need a second cycle to get the script status, for some
detail information see
https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#PROGRAM-STATUS-TEST

> Thank you for your answer. For some reason, for me 'script' status
> succeeded (0) message shows up only in the end of second cycle.
>
> In any case, do I understand correctly, that monit will always alert me
> if script status fails no matter if monit will able to restart the
> service? I was under impression that "if 2 restarts within 10 cycles
> then alert" would control when alerts will be sent.

You get an additional alert for this rule, if two restarts are done in a
timeframe of ten cycles. However, you also get a warning for every
failure and also for successes.

With regards,
Lutz