Re: How to use curl to check if service is down?

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: How to use curl to check if service is down?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:51:31 +0200

Hello Anthony,
as long as you know something about the data, you can use an addition
"content" test to do some more detail tests.

> I’m just hitting the index api page which returns some static json. If the
> api crashes that would not return a 200. Usually systemd restarts it but not
> always.

See https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#HTTP
the sample used to test the mmonit host is a nice sample.

See example:
  if failed
     port 80 protocol http content = "foobar [0-9.]+"
  then alert

With regards,
Lutz