Re: no monotone in Debian testing?

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: no monotone in Debian testing?
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 18:05:09 +1100

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> I've just installed a new Debian 10 VM, and upgraded to testing.
>
> 'aptitude search monotone' returns nothing!
>
> Is it finally time to stop using monotone?

monotone has been removed from Debian. As in both unstable and testing.
It only exists in old distributions.

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/monotone

First it was removed from testing:

https://tracker.debian.org/news/940070/monotone-removed-from-testing/

It was removed from testing because botan1.10 is no longer available in
testing.

Then it got removed from unstable:

https://tracker.debian.org/news/1089909/removed-11-9-from-unstable/

"Please remove monotone. It's dead upstream, last upload was over three
years ago and it's removed from testing since 1.5 years."
--
Brian May <address@hidden>