moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] Can't build it.

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] Can't build it.
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 16:43:34 +0800

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 09:16:32AM +0100, Christian Glodt wrote:

     I'm not sure I want to support gcc-2.95. IMO it should just go away,
     after all this is the 21st century. And I want to be able to declare
     variables anywhere in the code, not just at the start of blocks.

Hmmm.  Then it will break on a lot of compilers.  That was forbidden
in ISO9899 until the 1999 ammendments.  I suppose if you want to say
that moz-bonobo is written in the 1999 subset of ANSI C then that's up
to you, but perhaps you ought to assert this more prominantly.

BTW Does mozilla itself not support bog standard C --- I doubt it
would be as portable as it is if it didn't.

     Yes, that's a well-known problem. I'll have to go over all used
     headers/libs and add them to the configure.in file.

Thanks.

John

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3