[Myexperiment-discuss] Request for the provenance data from scientific w

From: Gmail
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Request for the provenance data from scientific workflow executions
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:56:48 -0500

Hi,

My name is Chalalai Chaihirunkarn, a Ph.D. student in the School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University. I'm currently working on research that aims to enhance the usability of scientific software under the advisement of Professor James D. Herbsleb.

We are interested in software co-occurrence inside scientific environments leveraged by scientific communities. We expect to identify the softwares that are used in collaboration and plan to suggest improvements of software tools present in such environments.

MyExperiment would be an effective environment for our studies. We have found that data source information, process definitions, dependencies among processes, and process execution periods, from the provenance of scientific workflows generated by Taverna, could massively benefit our research.

We would like to request assistance from anyone who could send us provenance data from workflow executions, or could suggest how to access those data. The data could be in any format such as XML files, spreadsheets, or database scripts. The data would remain private and used only for research purposes.

If you have any questions regarding our research and the use of the provenance data, please feel free to contact me at address@hidden.

We would really appreciate your interest and participation.

Thank you,

Chalalai Chaihirunkarn
PhD. student in Computation, Organizations, and Society
School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
500 Forbes Ave. Pittsburgh, PA, 15213. USA