netsukuku-vala

[Netsukuku-vala] another openwrt firmware

From: Luca Dionisi
Subject: [Netsukuku-vala] another openwrt firmware
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 09:22:48 +0200

I made another attempt at preparing a OpenWRT firmware and SDK for my
router (TP-LINK 1043ND) which is suited for building and running the
netsukuku daemon.
This time I used a more recent revision of OpenWRT, 31835. The
remarkable point in that revision is the use of a 3.3 linux kernel
with patches from the amazing work from bufferbloat.net team at
CeroWRT (CoDel AQM, Fair queue, BQL and the likes) [0]
Further I used the versions of glib2 and pthsem libraries which are
included in the OpenWRT. The version for glib2 is much older (2.26 vs
2.32), but it seems that it works ok. So that the process for building
is much shorter.
I took notes while producing that here: [1]

The code of netsukuku in the repository now builds with Vala 0.14.2

--Luca

[0]
http://gettys.wordpress.com/2012/05/08/fundamental-progress-solving-bufferbloat/
[1] http://lab.dyne.org/Netsukuku_Dev/vala/flashing_notes3