netsukuku-vala

Re: [Netsukuku-vala] Planning test

From: Ricardo Lanziano
Subject: Re: [Netsukuku-vala] Planning test
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 01:54:14 -0005

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Luca Dionisi <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Ricardo Lanziano <address@hidden> wrote:
I am trying to get a hold of my local wireless communities that I happen to know to see if they lend me their gear for a day or so, it should not be a big issue really, so we could draw a test plan while I get in touch with the communities. We could peer directly over the Internet but that would require us to set up our private network, pretty much the same way people of Agora Link or anonet are doing. Let me know if this wireless test plan sounds good to you for me to contact them.
If I understand well, you are in contact with a wireless community; they are using a particular distro on their particular hardware that they use for the mesh network; you want to install ntkd on them and make some preliminary test; then we can ask them to deploy their hardware with the new firmware in order to test on their network. Confirm?

Yes, that is correct. So far I've gathered 2 nanostations and a few
laptops. I'm still waiting for more gear to be confirmed.

What would the test plan to follow?

Right now I want to try to catch as much bugs, some performance
metrics and wireless conditions.

What do you think? what shall I try aswell?