Re: nmh and fdm question

From: Robert Elz
Subject: Re: nmh and fdm question
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 10:36:04 +0700

    Date:        Mon, 24 Feb 2020 21:10:15 -0500
    From:        address@hidden

  | This is the raw email From line:
  |
  | From: "The New Yorker" <address@hidden>
  |
  | And this is the line in my ~/.fdm.conf file:
  |
  | match "^From:.*@eml.condenast.com" in headers action
  |             pipe "/usr/local/libexec/nmh/rcvstore +trash"
[I amnually like wrapped that for this reply].

  | My question is, why doesn't this work?

I don't know fdm, but perhaps it is that '>' at the end of the address
in the From line, your pattern seems to not account for that.   If
fdm patterns don't need to match to end of like (as for example, grep
wouldn't, so your pattern would work tested that way) then this won't
be it, but I think in (for example) procmail they do, so you might need
to add '>*' at the end of your pattern (0 or more '>' chars).

kre