Re: inc and non-compliant long lines redux

From: Andy Bradford
Subject: Re: inc and non-compliant long lines redux
Date: 5 Dec 2022 21:21:28 -0700

Thus said "Andy Bradford" on 22 Nov 2022 09:38:08 -0700:

> I'm running  a similar  patch on  my nmh  1.7.1 installation  and will
> report any problems that I find in "production".

So far I  haven't found any problems  and I've been running  it daily. I
did successfully  receive one  such of  the original  problematic emails
that I  reported and  it works  just fine.  Here is  a breakdown  of the
longest lines in the email:

$ cd ~/Mail/inbox
$ cat 3462 | awk '{ print NR, length }' | sort -k 2n | tail
5 71
9 74
19 75
28 75
11 89
38 91
88 126
65 170
103 225
115 4467120

As can be seen, line 115 is one massively long line. Oddly enough, I had
trouble  forwarding it  on my  SMTP server  because apparently  I hadn't
allocated  enough  memory for  it  to  forward  such messages;  after  I
increased the amount  of memory it was  able to traverse the  queue so I
could POP it.

I've also  attempted to contact  the producers of such  emails, however,
again I haven't even received an acknowledgement of the bug.

Andy