nrdo-list

Re: [nrdo-list] Transactions

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: [nrdo-list] Transactions
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 22:13:57 -0500

I haven't done a lot of work in the 2005 environment yet so I can
really only speculate. I have read that the TransactionScope class
causes the DTC to be invoked if a transaction ends up spanning
multiple connections, and since nrdo currently uses a separate
connection per request, that probably is causing the DTC to get
involved.

This seems like all the more reason for me to prioritize the work on
getting nrdo to support a shared connection across multiple requests.
I'll aim for having some kind of preliminary support for that in by
the end of this week.

Thanks for the report and for researching the issue so thoroughly.

Stuart.