openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] Questions about OpenEXR with CinePaint (Film Gimp)

From: Robin Rowe
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] Questions about OpenEXR with CinePaint (Film Gimp)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:22:22 -0700

Rod,

> As for FilmGimp (CinePaint), the current release of it has an OpenEXR
> plugin already, but it isn't compiled by default.

Hi. I missed this when it was first posted.

CinePaint is appreciative of the help ILM and Drew Hess provided us by
creating our OpenEXR plug-in.

When building from source there is an option to specify the location of the
OpenEXR library so it will get included for the plug-in. When installing for
Debian or Redhat the issue is that those platforms don't yet have OpenEXR
included in their package management, although I think Debian may be about
there. Mac OS X has the same issue using fink. On Windows, VC++ 6 is unable
to compile the complex templates of OpenEXR. There is a workaround for that,
and we're working on it.

Better CinePaint support for OpenEXR on all platforms is coming.

Cheers,

Robin
address@hidden   Hollywood, California
www.CinePaint.org   Free motion picture and still image editing software