openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] OpenEXR for amd64 platform

From: veerendra singh
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] OpenEXR for amd64 platform
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:12:32 +0530

hi there.. sorry for replying late..I was away for vacations and also gave it a try myself to make it work. but the problem I am having starts when I build ilmbase lib after CreateDLL, I set all the paths correctly.but the problem appears in post-build event. I guess createDLL  is designed to work tightly with 32bit system, bcoz i get the following build output in visual studio 2005 when i build project Half after successfully building CreateDLL project,

:
:
:
CreateDLL v1.1
1>CreateDLL found 63 symbols
1>Exporting DLL
1>Release\half.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'
1>createDLL: linking success
1>Installing into Release
1>        1 file(s) copied.
1>        1 file(s) copied.
:
:
:

I don't know what had caused this error, could you please shed some light on it?

-Thanks

PS: Is it possible for you guys to include a solution file for ilmbase and openEXR libs, that include a 64bit configuration, coz it might be possible that we forget certain settings when creating x64 config in visual studio.