Re: [Openvds-devel] progress ...

From: Urivan Saaib
Subject: Re: [Openvds-devel] progress ...
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 14:19:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Micheal,

> ok .. i have managed to get things set up and a vhost created.
> I can telnet into it .... but that is all.
> I am using wu-ftpd .. and it doesnt want to use it ...
> and also .. the biggest issue i have is that apache dosnt seem to work at all
> it says it loads it up .. but i take a look at the processes running and it
> doesnt show it.

Try a :

netstat -nl | grep  you.vhost.ip.addr

on the host, and see if the services are running...

Did you configure wu-ftp as standalone server or using xinetd ? if so,
check the syslog messages if xinetd is not initializing the ftp service
and why.

Regarding apache, same, check the logs.. it could be somthing related to
file permissions.

Regards,
Urivan Saaib
Presidente