pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Mandrake, or RH 7.2 or 7.3 testers needed

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: [Pan-devel] Mandrake, or RH 7.2 or 7.3 testers needed
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:36:01 -0700

I need someone to poke around with 0.12.90 under a memory debugger --
that's the likely culprit for the followup-to bug, but tracing all the
allocs in Pan and GMime can get kind of hairy.

Purify is making me pull my hair out -- Rational seems to be determined
to make this produce more and more unusable with each update.

http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/ looks like just the trick, as it'll
find reads from freed memory, but it doesn't work with Limbo.
It's known to work on RH 7.2 and 7.3, and Mandrake Cooker has a copy,
so if someone on one of those platforms could poke around a bit,
I'd appreciate it.

Meanwhile, I'll review the code, or try to get Purify to instrument
without crashing, or maybe get some sleep. :)

cheers,
Charles