pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Memory woes (download next N headers)

From: Rico
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Memory woes (download next N headers)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:05:35 -0800 (PST)

--- Haran Shivanan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I havn't tried your patch yet, but I had a similiar problem with another
> piece of code. Moving the member to a different place in the structure
> solved the problem. Could it be a gcc code generation bug?

Do you mean optimisation? It's not a bug, it's a feature.
The compiler's meat is the debugger's poison.   :P

It's automake that generates the -O2 flag in the Makefile, right?
Disabling that made it clearer that my actual problem was a thread
synchronization issue that I had overlooked. How do I get to produce those
Makefile's myself and disable optimisation? Do you guys debug with optimisation
enabled from the get-go?

Adding this member was supposed to help avoid changing the function
prototype; I wonder if the latter wouldn't have been less painful...

Rico.