pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Small patch for the task-manager

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Small patch for the task-manager
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:34:02 -0700

On Thu 17 Apr 2003 05:15, Jacob Ilsø Christensen posted as excerpted below:
> So should the dialogs have close buttons and/or Esc-shortcuts?

I'm with bas.  Just as many browsers now have a (configurable) "go" button in
the address bar, for the newbies, so dialogs should have a close button.
(Being able to configure that out isn't so important, because we aren't
talking about designed for constant visibility toolbars.  Rather,
configuration of this would be overkill.)  More experienced folks know enter
works in the address bar, and expect esc to cancel dialogs as well.  (Plus,
they know about the window manager close buttons, which at least here I use
more than the app's close button in many cases, when I'm mousing rather than
keyboarding, where I tend to use esc, or on generally more permanent windows,
the window manager close shortcut, here dual-mapped to win- aka f13-end -- as
I have all my window functions mapped to win- shortcuts, and the MSWormOS
alt-f4.)

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin