pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: libgnet1-dev ?

From: Matthias Urlichs
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: libgnet1-dev ?
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 08:01:15 +0200

Hi,

Takuo KITAME wrote:
> Matthias Urlichs:
> > => Please rename the former libgnet-dev (version 1.1.7) to libgnet1-dev,
> > and upload it to sid.
>
> No. Pan should be compiled against (ported to) libgnet2.

You might want to take that up with the pan people, then.
(Cc'd to pan-devel.).

RE: [Pan-devel] ANN: Pan 0.13.96 "You appear to be in death,comrade."

From: <address@hidden>
To:  "Discussions of Pan source code hacking." <address@hidden>
CC: "Matthias Urlichs" <address@hidden>
Date: 2003-05-19 10:32

Then we should report that Debian does not do the proper support. For RPM
based systems, gnet-1.x.x and gnet2-2.x.x packages do exist now, so they can
coexist. This is new since some time. The author of the gnet lib accepted my
patch to let the rpm to be called gnet2-2.x.x instead of gent-2.x.x to make
this possible.

So you might contact the Debian gnet packager and explain that Debian should
have both the latest gnet-1.x.x and latest gnet2-2.x.x packages.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  address@hidden
MODULO prep. Except for.  From mathematical terminology: one can