pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: Problems setting up to build Pan on Windows...

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: Problems setting up to build Pan on Windows...
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 07:16:40 -0700

Paul Hudson posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:30:03 +0000:

> So, what should I be doing?
[]
> xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>
>
> <head>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=Windows-1252">
[]

For one thing, you should be avoiding spreading ugly and potentially
dangerous crap on the mailing lists.

HTML mail is for spammers and crackers, not folks with legitimate content,
which doesn't need dressed up in fancy HTML to be worth reading.  Consider
how many vulns OL/OE have had, and how many they WOULD have had if they
only did plain text, and the percentage of spam eliminated from most
boxes with a simply no-HTML filter, and you should see my point.

Benjamin Franklin