pan-devel

[Pan-devel] GTK/Win assertion

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: [Pan-devel] GTK/Win assertion
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:16:40 +0200

I'm trying to build/run pan 0.14.2.91on Win-XP / MingW.

g_thread_init() doesn't exists on GTK 2.2.4 on Windows, so
I tried to build w/o it, but as soon as pan calls g_mutex_new() in
queue.c, Glib throws an assertion:
  Glib-ERROR **: The thread system is not yet initialized.
  aborting..

I snooped at Ethereal (which uses GTK+ on Window). It doesn't
use threads, but rather a timer hooked with gtk_timeout_add().
Is that a sollution for Windows? How are people able to build and run
latest  pan on Windows? Looks like it's no longer the case (?)

--gv