pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: CVS compile error

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: CVS compile error
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:18:01 -0700

kevlinux posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:27:58 -1000:

> Finally fixed my 'automake' error, but now I'm getting this on 'make
> install'
>
> bash-2.05b# make install
> Making install in po
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kevlinux/CVSSRC/pan/po' if test -r
> ".././mkinstalldirs"; then \
>   .././mkinstalldirs /usr/share; \
> else \
>   /bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/share; \
> fi
> ../mkinstalldirs: ../mkinstalldirs: No such file or directory make[1]: ***
> [install-data-yes] Error 127 make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/kevlinux/CVSSRC/pan/po' make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

This is really beyond me, but that path looks funny.  .././ perhaps should
be ../../, up two dirs in the chain, not one.  See where the script
mkinstalldirs is located and adjust the path in the make file (which will
likely consist of two concatenated make vars, thus the strange looking
path after concatenation) accordingly.

Here on Gentoo for AMD64, I'll occasionally find an ebuild that probably
works on x86, but does the wrong thing with the library path on amd64, for
instance, and I have to correct it.  Back on Mandrake for AMD64 I had
occasional similar issues.  Thus, I'm used to looking at such errors and
attempting to make sense out of them enough to correct the build-time
error, even if I don't regularly do CVS or really understand more than
just enough to give me a few pointers in where to poke first in my trial
and error fixing.  <g>

Benjamin Franklin