pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: Pan and GTK+ for Windows

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: Pan and GTK+ for Windows
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 23:28:25 -0700

Alan Sanderson posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
Sun, 15 May 2005 19:20:35 +1000:

> install a newer version
> of the GTK+ runtime (from either http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/ or
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-win/). The problem however is that
> doing so breaks Pan (attempting to open Pan results in message "This
> application has failed to start because libintl-1.dll was not found.
> Re-installing the application may fix this problem.").

I don't do MSWormOS, but from past posts, one solution to this is to
install the missing dll (and possibly the entire old GTK+ installation) in
the pan executable dir itself.  PAN will then load them in preference to
those in the system dirs, which can contain the new version, allowing both
PAN and whatever needs the new version to both work fine.  I don't know if
you can then run them both at the same time, tho, or not.