pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Re: A proposal for multiserver.

From: James Hawtin
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Re: A proposal for multiserver.
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 00:25:11 +0000

I would also like to agree with the comment about price on multiservers
being more important than speed. The thing also to bear in mind is premium
servers oftain receive messages hours before unlimited ones. So some kind of
free/not free level should be displayed to the user otherwise it would be
very easy to get ahead of yourself. I would suggest either a percentage
which is good for people with some kind of sight problem. The nicer solution
for non impaired people would be to shade the completed icon either by using
different greens or shading part a percentage of the icon in different
colour (probably would be clearer).

The other important thing about any multiserver setup is being able to
select just one server for the download, some times servers get corrupted,
so you specifically don't want to use one/all but one of them. On the same
note it would be nice to be able to flush the cache for a single multipart
message so it can all be redownloaded for said desired server.

James